Session #9 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

This 9th session was on the 3rd of January 2024. 

The insurance company wanted to see a scan this time too. So while I was at the lab to get the ultrasound report, the technician told me that there are a lot of malformations at the base of my thumb.

This time I mentioned to the doctor that I started feeling some pain in the elbow region as well besides mentioning what the technician told me.

This time the doctor focused more on the forearm close to the elbow. 

Details:-

  1. The total ethanol injected was 17.5mL. 14mL near the elbow and 1mL + 1mL + 1.5mL around the base of my thumb.
I was happy that the elbow region had dilated veins which resulted in getting the landing zone for the injections. But it did concern me that the doctor said that it would be the last session in September. I was concerned that perhaps these malformations are growing back. I discussed this with the doctor after the treatment and he said that the chances of that are very low. He said that he most likely missed it last time or that the veins were not dilated during the procedure or something else. 

He mentioned that the next time we'll focus on the wrist portion and the hand, where we have a lot of superficial malformations.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Session #1 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

Session #5 & 6 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

Session #3 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation