Session #3 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

 

As in both the previous sessions, everything went smoothly and here I'm just going to highlight the changes:-

  1. The total ethanol injected was 28mL. Before the session however, the doctor was aiming for over 40ml but due to issues with not being able to find ideal landing zones it had to be 28ml.
  2. This time, for the first time, I see changes in my palm. I only noticed this on day 4. I can see the blue discoloration under the skin of my palm has decreased to a certain extent. It's not fully gone but definitely it's improved.
  3. Unlike the last 2 sessions, this time I had some residual pain from previous session. The doctor asked me to estimate what % of the pain was left over and I told him about 10% and he said even 20% is fine, but if it goes beyond that we may have to space out the sessions a little more than 2 weeks.
  4. One other important change we had during this time was that before the session started I asked for a marker and marked the areas where I have the most pain. And the doctor injected just those areas this time. And we agreed to do this before every session.
  5. One other minor change - the past 2 sessions we were given the special single room, which is what is allotted to me based on the insurance package, but this time due to lack of availability, we had to stay in a lower floor in a room that felt downgraded but still ok. No view, smaller room size etc.
Other than these everything was mostly as they were in the past 2 sessions.

Day 1 - Before taking off the bandages after the treatment


Day 2 - After taking off the bandages



Comments

  1. I am from Bangalore. My daughter age 8 has extensive venous malformation in her right leg. I am also exploring about absolute ethanol procedure, but it seems rarely any doctor does it here.
    I have seen Dr Banker videos.
    Please share your phone number, if possible.
    This is my whatsup number : 9886935790

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Session #1 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

Session #5 & 6 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation