Session #8 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

 Spoke too soon, regarding my last session being the final session.

This 8th session was on the 20th of December 2023. I initiated this request after I started feeling some pain in my wrist. I had been doing a lot of pushups and jump roping with a heavy jump rope. I also did some weightlifting. I did gain some muscles and for the most part it went smoothly. But starting December I felt like I needed to do something about the pain my wrist that seemed to keep growing.

I called the doctor and told him that I was having some pain and he asked me to get a color doppler ultrasound of my forearm and after that we booked a session for the 20th of December.

Details:-

  1. The total ethanol injected was 18mL. It was done mostly near the wrist region. 
  2. I did feel a relief in my wrist the very next day. 
  3. I am writing this on 9th Jan 2024 and while I did feel some relief in the pain after the procedure, I did feel some pain afterwards.
  4. We agreed to do one more session 2 weeks later because while doing the procedure, he mentioned that we may need to do 2 more sessions.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Session #1 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

Session #5 & 6 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation

Session #3 - Absolute Ethanol Embolization Treatment for Vascular (Venous) Malformation